Friday, July 8, 2011

Good bye Loyal Honda...

You know it is not good news when your husband is a little late from getting off work and you get a phone call and the first thing he says is, "first of all I am ok, so don't worry I am ok."
Yesterday while driving home from work Marcus was in a car accident. He was about to get off the freeway so he had this right blinker on...he was next to a semi, out of the cornor of his eye he saw the semi's blinker and all of the sudden the semi hit the Honda which caused it to turn in front of the semi and then Marcus flipped in his car and slid about 500 feet into the barrier and stopped. Now in an accident like this you would assume major injuries if not fatalities...a guy and women ran up to his car and the man asked, "are you alive?" Marcus responded, "yes". The guy then shouted to others, "he is alive!" Marcus was upside down in his seat belt. (thank goodness he was wearing his seat belt!) His phone happened to land right in front of him so HE called 911. After the phone call, he saw that as soon as he undid his seat belt he would fall in tons of glass. So he grabbed the floor mat and wrapped it around his arm then fell into the glass and climb out of the back passenger window. He was then standing next to the Honda when the police got there. The police asked him if everyone was out, Marcus told him ya and that he was the only one and the driver. The cop could not believe that he was the driver and standing there just fine! The ambulance was in shock too. They said they never just have someone walk away after a rollover. Just to add on top of things, the semi truck driver never got out of his truck to make sure Marcus was ok!! He was just worried about his job, which is understandable but come on..you check to make sure you didn't kill someone first!! Then he was telling the police it was Marcus' fault! He said Marcus was trying to cut him off in the LEFT lane *BUT REMEMBER MARCUS HAD HIS RIGHT BLINKER ON TO GET OFF THE FREEWAY* and that little Honda of ours still had that blinker on after the wreck and upside down! So that helped cops too! So long story short the semi got a ticket! I was waiting in the in n out burger parking lot with both boys and I could see all the lights and wreck on the freeway but I couldn't get to him!! I waited til finally the tow truck got the Honda and he gave Marcus a ride to me.
I took him to the hospital just to make sure everything was ok. Everything came back good! He is sore today..and probably will be for a couple weeks.
That is a miracle, that a wreck like that, when people were asking if he was alive, and he only has a few bruises! Count your blessings!! We were truly blessed! We had angels watching over my husband and my sons dad!
We loved our loyal little Honda. It just celebrated it's 200,000 mile mark this past week. It was a great car and will be missed! Marcus could drive that thing over 400 miles on one tank of gas! What a great commuter car especially with gas prices the way they are!! I feel I owe a lot to this little car, It protected my husband in this crazy wreck!!!
Notice the driver seat all the way back...maybe that is what also saved Marcus from injuries!
Good bye Honda, you will be missed! These two boys love their daddy!

2 comments:

Beverley said...

So very greatful that Marcus was ok and I love how you tell the story except it made me cry. Thank you for loving my son and that both of you are such good parents and live the way you should because I believe that is what saved Marcus. Luv ya Beve

sanstorm07 said...

You should send this in to Honda maybe they will give you a new car or put you in a commercial